Norman Price and the Mystery in the Sky is a feature length-special that premiered on December 5th, 2020 in the UK, and on January 1st, 2021 in Australia.
When Joe invents a new super battery, it catches the attention of Professor Polonium and her trusted but rather silly sidekick Dr Crumpton. Like all good villains, they seek only to better their self - image and want to be the centre of attention. After stealing the super new battery, Dr Crumpton stages a series of accidents across the village so the professor can sweep in to save the day. Now everyone in Pontypandy thinks they have their own comic book hero, who they affectionately name Flying - Man. Norman is understandably captivated and wants a suit just like it - especially as his Norman Man Pants have a hole in them! With Norman-Man and Atomic Boy (James) on the case to find this mystical flying suit, it's not long before they uncover Polonium and Crumpton's lair. In no time at all, Norman is flying all over the village. But Professor Polonium will stop at nothing to get her suit back, including firing up her totally untested and upgraded version of the flying suit, threatening to destroy Pontypandy if Norman - Man doesn't turn himself in. While Professor Polonium is wreaking havoc on Pontypandy, the untested suit malfunctions and ends up blasting all over the village causing lots of fires. Can the firefighters save Pontypandy and extinguish the flames? And will Norman finally get a chance to become a real life hero as he's always wanted to be?
- Fireman Sam
- Penny Morris
- Ellie Phillips
- Elvis Cridlington
- Arnold McKinley
- Station Officer Steele
- Ben Hooper
- Tom Thomas
- Malcolm Williams
- Norman Price
- Dilys Price
- Mandy Flood
- Helen Flood
- Mike Flood
- Sarah and James
- Bronwyn Jones
- Charlie Jones
- Gareth Griffiths
- Hannah Sparkes
- Joe Sparkes
- Lizzie Sparkes
- Mrs Chen
- Lily Chen
- Trevor Evans
- Bella Lasagne
- Moose Roberts
- Professor Pickles
- Scoop Dooley
- Oil Tank Driver
- Mobile Command Unit
- Wallaby 2
- Police Bike
- Police Quad
- Police Cruiser
- Police 4x4
- Police Helicopter
- Trevor's Bus
- Pontypandy Flyer
- Dilys' Car
- Gareth's Car
- Super Rescue Submarine
- Steven Kynman as Sam, Elvis, Charlie, and Norman
- Denise Van Outen as Professor Polonium
- John Hasler as Arnold and James
- Colin McFarlane as Malcolm Williams
- David Carling as Station Officer Steele, Mike Flood, Tom Thomas, Trevor Evans, and Teleprinter/Map-Screen 700
- Kerry Shale as Doctor Crumpton
- Sasha Behar as Rose Ravani
- Alex Lowe as Joe Sparkes
- Tegwen Tucker as Penny, Sarah, Bronwyn, Mrs. Chen, and Teleprinter/Map-Screen 700
- Harriet Kershaw as Ellie, Bella, and Scoop Dooley
- Su Douglas as Dilys, Mandy and Helen
- Nigel Whitmey as Moose Roberts
- Gary Andrews as Gareth Griffiths
- The working title for this special was "The Rise of Norman-Man".
- Modified stock footage from Norman Price, Ace Reporter is used in this special.
- Sgt Rose Ravani, Professor Polonium & Doctor Crumpton made their debuts in this special.
- Arnold drives Jupiter for the first time on-screen.
- The Mobile Command Unit is used in an actual emergency for the first time.
- The Mobile Command Unit is now based at the back of the Pontypandy Fire Station.
- This is the first time the Pontypandy Flyer is facing towards the station instead of away.
- This special makes several references to well known superhero shows:
- Norman references Marvel's Spider-Man by saying "I'm your friendly neighbourhood Norman-Man".
- The way that the flying man suit works is similar to Iron Man.
- The mech battle during the emergency is a reference to Power Rangers/Super Sentai.
- Stan Lee street is a reference to it being similar to movies from Stan Lee's imagination
- Neither Phoenix or Hydrus are seen in their bays, plus Sam rides Mercury out of Phoenix's bay.
- When Sam grabs the hose from Penny, his goggles are missing.
- While Penny stops the Pontypandy flyer, Elvis doesn't have the fire station’s logo on the back of his coat, nor does Penny when she gets out of Venus.
- When Ellie tells Station Officer Steele that the last fire is out, Elvis also doesn't have the logo on his coat.
- Station Officer Steele's helmet is yellow throughout the special.